|Thursday & Friday||One-hour docent-led tours every 30 minutes. On-site, walk-up ticket sales start at 10am.|
|Saturday||One-hour docent-led tours every 20 minutes. On-site, walk-up ticket sales start at 10am.|
|Sunday||One-hour docent-led tours every 20 minutes. On-site, walk-up ticket sales start at 11:30am.|
|Monday||Specialty tours and group tours by advanced reservation only. >>Book online today<<|
|Tuesday||Brown Bag Tuesdays Brown-Bag Tuesdays mini-tours (20 minutes/1st floor only)|
|Wednesday||Specialty tours by advanced reservation only: Behind the Velvet Ropes, Details & Joinery, and Fire & Light. >>Book online today<<|
Tour times vary please check ticketing for availability. Advance tickets are highly recommended as tours often sell out; advance purchase is the only way to guarantee your spot on a tour. Tickets may be purchased in the bookstore on the day of the tour or in advance by booking online or by calling ACME Ticketing at (844) 325-0812.
ONE-HOUR TOUR ADMISSION
Adults: $15 | Students (w/valid id) & Seniors (65+): $12.50 | Children under 12*: FREE
Friends of the Gamble House Members: FREE | Active Military: The Gamble House offers complimentary admission to active members of the United States military with valid identification, and to military families with dependent cards year round. Tickets are available at the bookstore.
General Tour Schedule:
Thursday & Friday – 11:30am – 3:00pm | Saturday & Sunday – 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Please check online ticketing for current information. Individual tour times vary.
* Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult, the accompanying adult is required to purchase a ticket (ticketing fees and discounts apply). Docent-led tours are the only way to gain access to the interior of the house.
JOIN FRIENDS OF THE GAMBLE HOUSE THE DAY OF YOUR ONE-HOUR TOUR* AND RECEIVE A REFUND ON YOUR TOUR ADMISSION. Please ask bookstore staff for more information the day of your tour! __*Offer valid for one-hour tour only.
20-minute docent-led short tours of the 1st floor only will be given at 12:15 and 12:45 every Tuesday. Every Tuesday, we provide seating on the rear lawn and terrace from 11:30am to 1:30pm, and visitors bring their own lunch. Tickets may be purchased in the bookstore on the day of the tour or in advance by booking online or by calling ACME Ticketing at (844) 325-0812.
Docent-led tours are the only way to gain access to the interior of the house.
SPECIALTY TOURS BY RESERVATION
Behind the Velvet Ropes — 2½ hours; $45 An extended in-depth tour that visits all parts of the house.
Details & Joinery — 3 hours; $80 Led by contemporary woodworker Jim Ipekjian, this in-depth tour is focused on the fine details of wood craftsmanship.
Fire & Light — 2 hours; $45 Glass artist John Hamm leads our newest in-depth tour exploring the exquisite leaded art glass in the House.
Greene & Greene Neighborhood Walking — 1¼ hour; $17 Visit our neighborhood, a National Register historic district that is home to 9 Greene & Greene houses as well as the works of other noted architects.
GROUP TOURS BY RESERVATION
Groups of 10 or more require reservations at least 1 month in advance. Group tour hours and fees vary from our regular schedule. $15.00 per person, prepaid by Visa or MasterCard. Call (626) 793-3334 ext.16 for more information or to book your group tour today.
• Food and beverages are not permitted
• A restroom is located in the bookstore
• Please wear broad-heeled (at least 2” wide at base) shoes or flats. Tour “booties” will be provided to guests who do not have compliant footwear.
Q: Are the tours wheelchair or walker accessible?
A: The Gamble House welcomes guests with special accessibility needs. Guests with questions regarding accessibility or who would like to arrange accommodations for their visit are kindly asked to contact our Tour Coordinator at 626.793.3334×16 or email email@example.com prior to the day of their visit so that we are able to accommodate as fully as possible. Persons providing direct assistance to paying guests with accessibility needs will not be charged admission.
Wheelchair Access: There is limited first floor access for manual wheelchairs with the use of a wheelchair stair lift device operated by Gamble House staff. We are not able to accommodate most electric wheel chairs. If possible, please contact us in advance.
Walkers: Walkers are permitted. All walkers will be inspected to ensure they do not pose a potential hazard to the historic rugs and floors. Please note: The front entrance of the Gamble House requires the use of stairs. The second floor is accessible via a flight of 18 stairs. The attic (third level) is accessible via a flight of 17 stairs.
Q: Is public parking available?
A: Parking is available along Westmoreland Place (the private street in front of the House), along Orange Grove Blvd. and on Walnut St. As a courtesy to our neighbors, please avoid parking in residential neighborhoods surrounding the Gamble House and in the Neighborhood Church parking lot.
Q: Is photography allowed?
A: General Photography Policy
• Still photography is permitted, for non-commercial use only. No flash photography is allowed. No tripods, monopods or selfie sticks are permitted. We encourage guests to share their photos online! #gamblehouse
• Photography policies may vary during special exhibitions and installations. Your docent will provide details during your tour.
• The operation or use of any drones, unmanned aircraft/flying systems, and remotely-controlled or radio-controlled flying machines (whether or not motorized) of all types, shapes, and sizes at any time in the vicinity of or on the Gamble House property is prohibited.
• Professional or commercial photography and video inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• For information regarding Occasion Photography please visit gamblehouse.org/occasion-photography
Please note: Visitors to the Gamble House may be photographed, videotaped, or otherwise recorded. By attending, you grant the permission to use photographs and/or audio visual recordings in which you appear for archival, documentary, publicity, advertising, or other purposes.